I have been reading and studying about the debate on GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms) food versus Organic Food. I have to share this Story that shows the outcome looked for with GMO is specifically for a 15 to 20% increase in flesh to sell. That story was originally published by National Geographic.
There are huge concerns on how these animals will affect the ecosystem, let alone the people who eat them. National Geographic also shared that some of the Frankenfish (GMO Trout) have been released into the wild to see if they could survive. Amazing!
We know that there are many side effects of GMO products that were not known when they were first released for consumption. Look around you and see how the health of the people who are consuming highly modified food products.
Christie, the PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)Lady has shared a lot of information from her research and personal life:
How Can the Wealthiest Industrialized Nation be the Sickest?
Americans get sick more often than Europeans or people from any other industrialized nation. Since the mid-1990s, the number of Americans suffering from at least three chronic illnesses nearly doubled. Life expectancy has decreased and infant mortality has increased. Illnesses once rare are now common, with some approaching epidemic levels. For example:
Autism now affects one in 88 children (CDC1), compared to one in 25,000 in the mid-1970s
Type 2 diabetes rates in the U.S. increased by 176 percent between 1980 and 2010
Celiac disease is four times more common now than 60 years ago
Alzheimer’s disease is rising at alarming rates. It’s estimated that 5.4 million Americans (one in eight older Americans) now has Alzheimer’s disease, and nearly half of those age 85 and older have it; AD rates have doubled since 1980
~ New infectious diseases are increasing in number, according to a 2008 study
~ In his documentary, Jeffrey Smith makes a convincing argument that one of the primary forces driving these illnesses is America’s changing food supply. And one of the most profound changes is genetically engineered food. Proving GE food is causing Americans to be sick is a tall order, but the evidence presented in this film is very compelling and should not be ignored.
There is a vast amount of information about GMO and how it is far inferior to Organic Food. Do some of the research for yourself. Both men and women are affected negatively by lack of Organic Food. Treat yourself well.
What can you do to heal your body, even if you do not feel sick?
- Grow your own Natural Organic Food
- Purchase only Organic Food from a local Farmer or gardener
- Join a CSA (community supported agriculture) group
- Read Labels
- Look at the stickers on fruit – there is a PLU code with either 4 or 5 numbers. If your fruit’s label has 4 numbers, it is conventionally grown. 5 numbers starting with a 9 means it was organically grown, and 5 numbers starting with an 8 means GMO.
- Avoid the Top Four GMO Crops of Soy, Corn, Canola and Cottonseed – most blended oils in North America contain canola and cottonseed. Replacing these with 100% extra virgin olive oil is a safe alternative.
- Conventional Sugar – Over 90% of this year’s sugar beet harvest will be Monsanto’s GM Roundup-Ready Sugar Beet. That means if you are using sugar, or eating anything with sugar in it, you’re eating GMOs.
- In California you can vote on Prop 37 on Nov 6, 2012 to force companies to label all genetically modified food.
- Choose packaged food wisely. Up to 75% of food in a grocery store has GMO products
- Encourage your favorite food providers to label their food GMO-free
- Drink filtered water
Having been through decades of health issues, I finally chose to take control of my health again. Eating Organic Food has made a huge difference in my life. Remember, Healthy mind + Healthy land = Healthy Body.
Remember, October 16 is World Food Day, and in the United States, October 24 is National Food Day. In an election year, we are empowered by voting to choose the people who represent us as a nation. Every day, we get to vote what kind of food we eat and what we want for our health and happiness.
Today, May you Choose Live Healthy Food!
Founder hisfarm.org and Ambassador of Natural News and Sustainable Living on How to Live on Purpose.com